This page was last updated on May 29, 2014.
Thank you, Maria, for sending us the most up-to-date information about reserving the campgrounds at Tiorati Plateau and Cedar Pond Camp. Remember that these camp sites may be reserved for official groups only (such as church organizations, scouting groups, leadership getaways, etc.)
- There are two “pioneer-style” camp sites on Lake Tiorati: Tiorati Plateau, and Cedar Pond Camp.
- Your group will have exclusive use of the camp while you’re there.
- Season: The last Friday in April to Columbus Day.
- For “bona-fide” groups only (e.g., scouting groups, retreats, etc.)
- Both sites — Tiorati Plateau and Cedar Pond — are off Seven Lakes Drive.
- Send in your application, which can be downloaded here. Thanks, Maria!): Tiorati_Harriman_application
- …or, phone for information and reservations: (845)
538-5097.351-2568 (thanks for the correction, Vicky!)
At Harriman State Park, it’s called “pioneer-style” camping: primitive camping in big groups in two designated spots on Lake Tiorati.
Palisades Interstate Parks Commission runs both of these sites, and here’s the information they give you about them:
Cedar Pond Camp is a cedar-shaded peninsula with three campsites, located directly on the southwestern shore of Lake Tiorati. There are NO flush toilets, on-site shower, or electricity. There IS running water and two pit toilets. Parking for two vehicles per site is included with the permit. Reservations are required.
- $37.50 per night per site;
- maximum 30 people per site;
- $7.00 additional vehicle fee (from Memorial Day through Labor Day).
- Showers are available to campers during Tiorati beach operating hours only (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day).
- Cedar Pod campers who plan on arriving after 4:00 PM must call the Tiroati Office at (845) 351-2568 in advance to make arrangement to pick up the key.
Tiorati Plateau consists of five slightly-elevated acres across the Seven Lakes Drive, from the north side of the lake. Two pit toilets and two deep sinks with running water are available. There is no electricity. The Plateau is accessible by foot only. Vehicles are not permitted in the camping area. Vehicles must be parked in the Tiorati parking lot. Parking for two vehicles per site is included with the permit. Walk-ins accepted with proof of organization status. Reservations accepted.
- $15.00 per night per site
- maximum 12 people per site
- $7.00 additional vehicle fee (from Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Showers are available to campers during beach operating hours only.
Reservation information (for both sites):
- Reservations must be made for a minimum of two consecutive nights (minimum of three consecutive nights on holiday weekends).
- Reservations may be made for no more the 7 consecutive nights.
- Full payment and proof of organization status (i.e., letterhead or business card) must be submitted with the application.
- Make checks payable to NEW YORK STATE PARKS.
- Check in time is 3:00 pm; check out time is 11:00 AM.
Cedar Pond campers who plan on arriving after 4:00 PM must call the Tiroati Office at (845) 351-2568 in advance to make arrangement to pick up the key.
Refunds (there are NO refunds due to inclement weather):
Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing. The request, along with your copy of the permit, must be received by Tiorati Officde at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Refunds are subject to an $8.50 cancellation fee.
Mail written requests to:
Tiorati Pioneer Camping
℅ Palisades Interstate Park Commission
Bear Mountain, NY 10911