Hiking season’s here!
This Saturday, May 21, we’re throwing a little party at the Tuxedo Train Station, if you’re in the area hiking, biking, or just coming up for a little break, stop by! You can drive up or take the train from the city.
- You can get a first-hand look at the Harriman Outdoor Center camp at Breakneck Pond, beautifully rejuvenated by the Appalachian Mountain Club. It will be open for visitors most of the day Saturday.
- Catch the Tuxedo-Harriman shuttle! It leaves from the Tuxedo train station at 10:45 (like last year). Get tickets there, OR book online to make sure you have a spot.
- On Saturday, the shuttle will drive right up into the camp at Breakneck, as well as doing its usual figure-eight loop through the park. It returns to Tuxedo station. Cost for the shuttle is only $5.
- At 4:00 pm, we’ll serve free beer and snacks at the music-filled station, and you can meet fellow hikers/backpackers/beer drinkers, etc. The AMC folks also be there to answer any questions.
- Catch the train back home at 7!
Welcome to summer in the park! We hope you’ll come out for the day, the afternoon, or just the party at 4.