“Harriman is big and beautiful. The park needs to be experienced to appreciate its scale.” — Harvey Road, the New York State Ski Blog
Recreation in Harriman State Park isn’t all about the hiking. Here’s a partial list of what you can do within the park, and it’s all, basically, free!
- Swim in one of three (well, one’s closed for the 2013 season, but the others are open. And they’re not free — it’s $8.00 to get in. Also, they’re crowded. On second thought, go for a…
- Swim in one of the many unsanctioned swimming holes of Harriman;
- Go fishing;
- Try geocaching;
- Find a downed airplane that crashed in 1974;
- Spend the day with your doggie;
- Rent a kayak or rowboat from Baker Camp;
- Go foraging for summer berries;
- Take in a car show.