Anyone can rent a kayak, canoe or rowboat at Baker Camp in Harriman State Park — you don’t have to be an overnight guest. Lake Sebago is extremely clean, with beautiful views of the area and the water.
You can also splash out and rent a cabin for an overnight stay, and this entitles you to use their swimming beach — a much more peaceful option than any one of the three (well, we’re down to two!) public beaches in the park.
Fees are reasonable; the cabins are “rustic” and have no fridges, but do have indoor plumbing.
- Kayaks and canoe rental at Baker Camp: $15.00/hr, $5.00 for every 20 minutes after that.
- Life jackets provided; all renters MUST wear a life jacket at all times.
- Operating hours are 9am to 6pm (last boat out at 5pm) every day through October 15th 2013.
- Driver’s license, deposit required
- Docking the boat anyplace other than Baker Camp’s boat dock is prohibited. Alcohol in any boat is strictly prohibited.
- Swimming from boats is prohibited.
- Baker Camp does not have a picnic area for boat renters.
- First come, first served (no reservations accepted)
- Phone number: (845) 351-4609
- Address: Baker Camp , 7 Lakes Drive, Sloatsburg, New York 10974
- Baker Camp, Harriman State Park website